Apps for ipads
The MUST haves
Dropbox: A must for sharing files such as photos and documents
Evernote: an easy touse notetaking app
Bluefire reader: the best way to read Adobe content with DRM on your iPad (ebooks)
Dictionary.com: Dictionary and thesaurus
OWA for iPad: essential for Office 365 productivity
Similar apps are available for Android and Windows devices.
Ideal for Year 7 teachers & students with iPads.
* Teach it once, and share with the class
* Students can answer each other’s questions before asking the teacher
* Provide an open forum for discussion in an iPad classroom
* Create quick visual lessons, and narrate as you go
* Encourage your students to give constructive feedback and praise
* Collaborate with your students through sets of video conversations
* Easily get your point across on visual problems (math, science, physics)
* Visually explain photos, sentence structure, and more in social studies, art, foreign language and English
* Help with homework even when you’re not in class
* See what students are struggling with & personalize your teaching
* Fill knowledge gaps for your students
* Easy-to-use teacher app for a flipped classroom
Here’s the website: http://www.techsmith.com/ask3.html
This week I tried this app. It is the current updated version of the curriculum. Any changes to the curriculum are automatically updated. While it is reasonably easy to navigate you cannot cut and paste.
This is an excellent resource produced by a teacher in NZ. The advice is sound, simple and practical.
A poster of a basic list of apps that will get you through the day, from a primary school in Queensland.
Okay, you want a bit more for your specific subject- try these for size.
Independent learning(flipping the classroom)
Classes offered on Coursera are designed to help you master the material. When you take one of our classes, you will watch lectures taught by world-class professors, learn at your own pace, test your knowledge, and reinforce concepts through interactive exercises.
Hundreds of free lessons, lectures, and podcasts from experts around the world.
Over 3,200 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history, and hundreds of skills to practice.
An intellectual clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world’s most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other.